POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : mixing POV code with C++ : Re:Re: mixing POV code with C++ Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re:Re: mixing POV code with C++
From: Daniel Fenner
Date: 11 Feb 1999 15:49:35
Message: <36C3426B.32FC9456@public.uni-hamburg.de>
Hi everybody !

First of all : Thanks for the quick response !

some more questions/remarks concerning POV and C++

1)  I guess 'extern "C" {...}' is used to include C headers into C++
files
    (correct me if I am wrong)
    What I need is the opposite : including a C++ header into a C file.

2)  As a work-around I compiled the hole source code as C++. (the option
    for VC5.0 is /TP) I'm not completly happy with this. A lot of things
    had to be changed (prototypes and typecasts mainly) Furthermore the
    linker now produces some unresolved references I can not explain.
    I used /FORCE and had luck :->.

    Does anyone know a 'nicer' way to solve this problem ?

Thanx
      Daniel